Blogmas Day 23: My Top TV Shows To Watch This Holiday Season

08:30:00

Image result for dracula 2019

Hey Lovelies,

While we all try to sit and be with our families as much over the Christmas period, there will always be that time on the big day when we escape to watch what is on TV. This year, I’ve even got myself a Radio Times, to make sure I don’t miss out on any of the good stuff.

I do have to say though that it is a bit of an odd set this year. I don’t feel like many of the TV channels have a lot of special shows on and that is a little bit sad, to be honest. There are still many programmes though that I will be making sure to catch over the next two weeks.

Listed below are a few of them that I can’t wait to see:

Gavin & Stacey Christmas Special: Ten years we have been waiting for the gang to come back. At 8:30pm on Christmas Day, I will be glued, like the rest of the nation watching it. I am already obsessed with the trailer, so I have no doubts the show is going to make my heart rate go up a ton.

Dracula: Dark, gory and made by the people behind Sherlock, this has everything going for it. The Twilight/Vampire fan in me is excited to see how this new adaptation of the classic story captures the heart of the well-known character.

The Great British Bake Off Christmas Special: Is Christmas even Christmas if we don’t get a Bake Off special? With two to celebrate the holidays, the first bunch of contestants is true Bake Off icons, who will be followed in the New Year’s special by the cast of Derry Girls. Get the mixing bowls and spoons ready!

The Tiger Who Came To Tea: When I was little I couldn’t get enough of this book. Now, I hope that the show made for TV will be just the same. Sweet tuning for the whole family, everyone will be able to sit down and enjoy this rare beauty.

Home Alone: Thankfully someone is putting on what I believe is the best Christmas film on actual Christmas Day. Tune in to it on Channel 4 after your dinner for optimal entertainment. If the little ones haven’t seen it before, I am sure that they will be enrapt with it.

A Christmas Carol: Created by the people behind Peaky Blinders, this three-part series looks set to give an edgy, thrilling and downright brilliant look at the classic Dickens story. Starring Guy Pearce as Scrooge, the series began yesterday and continues tonight and tomorrow. All to get you out of the grumpy Christmas spirit in time for the festive day.

Looking through the TV magazine, I could pick a whole host more that I hope to catch and suggest you do too, but I wanted to know more importantly what you will all be watching? Let me know what you think should be added to the list and I will definitely try to take a look!

Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments