Blogmas Day 22: Settle Down This Sunday With These Festive Prime Video UK Picks

08:30:00


Hey Lovelies, 


Three days doesn’t seem that long when you think about it, but there is still plenty of time to get Christmas 2019 well under your belt. For me, the month seems to have flown by. Both in good and bad ways. As I’ve tried to catch all the new festive treats on TV, I have also longed for the classics.

Luckily with the invention of Netflix, Prime Video and more, these can easily be digested on the move now too. Something I have been very thankful for since being admitted. Although I brought a lot of films and shows with me, I also didn’t have to carry as many because there were so many to stream.

Amazon Prime Video UK seemed to go with the classic route with its options, which I am very grateful for. It made it so much easier for me to pick out my top watches. When I get into bed at night, I can easily pop one on for easy entertainment and relaxation. Yet, I know it can be hard to pick the right one to view. Who else is with me?

To prevent endless minutes being wasted trying to find the right thing to stream, I thought I would share my top picks from Prime that I would highly recommend watching lovelies. Grab the remote and sit back…

Elf: Christmas isn’t Christmas without this lovable man and Will Ferrell will forever come out on top for this role. I always watch this film whilst wrapping my presents and our house is lit up with many Elf decorations. Pop it on for a family film with all the fun.

Home Alone: Available to rent for £1.99, along with a whole host of new features including John Wick, Angry Birds 2 and the new Men in Black, you can’t beat watching this classic. I saw it in concert last year and now every time I view it, I get chills. I plan to watch this on Christmas Day. Followed by the second and possibly the third.

Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas Is You: BBC may be playing the classic Paddington, but if you and the little ones are looking for something new but with a hint of nostalgia this could be the one for you. From the Queen of Christmas, sing along to one of the best festive tunes of all time and have a dance around the living room whilst watching.

A Christmas Carol: Whilst a remake has been made for the adults in the house this Christmas, kids can fall in love with the Disney version of the classic tale via Prime Video. I haven’t ever seen it before, but I plan to sit down with it tonight and watch.

The Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show: New and exclusive for this year, Kacey has gathered a host of guests to sing along to classic songs, exclusive tracks and to have a very merry time. Something you will also have whilst watching. Michael Bublé and Mariah better watch out.

Love Actually: Finally, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without this film. I have watched it three times already and along with The Holiday, I will probably watch it again before the festive season is out. I might even have to have monthly viewings in 2020. I love it so much.

To see more of the festive films and features on Prime Video UK, head to their website. They have a dedicated section that will bring you a lot of fun over the next few days lovelies!

Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments