Blogmas Day 16: Easy and Affordable Crafts To Do This Christmas!

09:00:00

Image result for christmas bakes aesthetics

Hey Lovelies, 

Getting crafty is one of the things I love to do during the holiday season. From simple paper snowflakes to more delicate pom pom wreaths, I have been busy making the lot this December. However, I know that it can be hard to really find the time to do them. With work, family and endless parties, taking five minutes is key though in making sure you look after yourself and your wellbeing.

Thinking about some of the things I have done this year, I thought I would share some of the ways that I have decorated my home, without spending any money or not that much. Seeing them on my tree, fireplace and even the doors of our home have made them very special.

Stick on a Christmas film or special and take a few moments for yourself with these crafty ideas…

Go to A Pottery Session: Early on in December, my mum and I went to a pottery place near to our home and painted a few pieces. Costing £14, I made a Noel sign, whilst my mum got stuck in on a Santa tealight holder. Both are now on our fireplace and I love looking at them. I also loved the way that for an hour or so, I was able to fully zone in and not worry about anything other than making these decorations. It was very calming lovelies.

Pom Poms Made Easy: Using card or even your hand, you can make a load of pom poms with some wool/yarn to make all sorts. Watching YouTube, I saw people make rugs for gifts, however, we decided to make some wreaths with £1 wreath rings and glue from Poundland. Adding in some lights, they have now made the room we will eat Christmas dinner in really pop. You can also make pom pom decorations for your tree with wool, string and some glue. All of which you can get for £1 or less.

Bake A Festive Cake: Take a look in your cupboards and get baking lovelies. I am certain that many of you will have the ingredients to make a festive fruit cake or simple cookies. If you make more than you need, you can also give them out as presents or to your neighbours as a goodwill gesture.

Make A Paper Lantern or Snowflake: Go back in time to when you were little and make a paper lantern or snowflake. String them up over your dining table or place in your window. Christmas memories will soon come back to life before you know it.

Knitting Through the Snow: Forget going out in the cold and snuggle up with some knitting. Create a festive scarf to wear or gift. Make a little Nativity scene to put out. Get a cuddly toy pattern and make the little ones in your life a treat. Knitting can be a soothing thing whatever you do. YouTube has lots of videos to help teach you or ask a friend who may know how to do it to teach you. Staying in together will be a fun way to beat the chill.

What do you like to do during the holiday season to relax or to get crafty lovelies? For me, it is always about baking. I also love to make Hama Bead designs. Let me know what you create in the comments below!

Joey X  

You Might Also Like

0 comments