My January 2019 Monthly Favourites

16:00:00



Image result for blog image

Good Afternoon Lovelies, 

January is the kind of month that seems to just go on and on! With the Christmas spirit gone, shops not looking as pretty and winter truly setting in, I often find myself hibernating from January until around the middle of March, when Spring appears.

It can be a confusing month too, as the sales are big but the after Christmas saving is also key for many of us. This year, I was without a job in January, having been made redundant at the end of 2019. It was hard and took a lot of interviewing, but finally, I have found something new, making my January a whole load better.

Thankfully there were also a few other pieces that I picked up, watched or experienced that made January not so gloomy. Here are a few things that became my favourites during the first month of 2019:

Beautiful Boy: I have also been a big fan of Steve Carrell, whether he is doing comedy or serious pieces. Alongside Timothee Chalamet, he gives the performance of a lifetime. This film continues to swirl in my head, and I would seriously recommend it to everyone.

Image result for beautiful boy

Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes: I do like a documentary, but I am not normally someone who sits and watches them a lot. Yet, I was wrapped up in this series when it first came out. Shocking, horrific and unbelievable, the four episodes that make up the show will leave you wondering for days about what Bundy did and the consequences of it all.

Image result for Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes:

The Tattooist of Auschwitz: My friend Issy had told me she was reading this just before Christmas. Intrigued by what she was telling me about it, I picked it up at the start of the year and read it within a day. I honestly couldn’t put it down and when I see people holding it in shops I really want to go over and tell them to buy it lovelies.

Image result for the tattooist of auschwitz

Yankee Candle Scent of the Year Candle: I was kindly sent this candle and it has become one of my favourite smells ever. I wish that Yankee Candle did perfumes because I would write a letter begging them to make this smell into one. I love the shape and ease of the candle too and have it by my bed to smell often.

Image result for yankee candle scent of the year 2019 uk

Our Health Services: Probably the most random of favourites, but I believe the NHS services deserve a shout out. Since the start of January, I have been getting therapy for my eating disorder. I am amazed by the team and the things they are doing to help me through it all. I am also amazed at our dental services. I have been suffering from my wisdom tooth for a few years now and at the end of last year, I kept getting headaches when I ate. With my eating disorder, I asked to get it treated and honestly, it took five minutes. I have had no pain (after the removal and now) and no problems since!

What were some of your favourite things in January lovelies?

Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments