A Holiday, Birthday and Endless Sunshine! Here Are My Favourite Things From July

12:55:00




Good Afternoon Lovelies,

July brought with it madness, sadness, birthdays and the weirdest warm weather we have probably ever had in the UK! Amongst all those things, there were several items that made my July super special and I wanted to share them with you all on this last weekend in July 2018.

Just a word of warning, they are a pretty random bunch of items aha! Here is what made my July...

My Grandad: This wasn’t a favourite as such lovelies, but July was when I said goodbye to my grandad for the last time. It was a horrid day that I would never wish on anyone, but it did make me see something that made it a special event. For a long time, we haven’t really sat down or gathered with my uncle’s family. Every single one of us has been off doing something else that has led to missed opportunities or family issues.

However, during his wake for the last hour, we all sat together and joked around in a way we haven’t ever done before. If my grandad and nanny had been there, which in a way I think they were, they would have truly loved seeing us like that after so many years. It truly showed me that even in the darkest of moments, as Hugh Grant said, “Love is all around.”


Lille, My Birthday and The World Cup: For my birthday this year, I left it really last minute to book a place. With everything that happened at home, I wasn’t even sure I was going to go away. However, we made it to Lille via the dreamy Eurostar and had a lovely weekend away where I turned 23. On the Sunday we were away, madness descended into the normally quiet town as World Cup fever turned into huge celebrations that I will never forget, as France took the trophy home. Having a firework go off in my ear though I may try and not remember aha!


Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: I know I seem like I am going on a lot about this film, but it has made this list for a very special reason. It has taken 23 years for my parents to BOTH take me to the cinema to see a film. And my dad took it so seriously he got dressed up, made my mum do a photo shoot outside the cinema and enjoyed a huge bag of popcorn. Cuteness overload!


Still Me by Jojo Moyes: Recently I have been trying to get back into reading and after purchasing this book earlier in the year I finally settled in to enjoy it. I loved reconnecting with Lou and it has set off my reading big again. I’m currently reading War Storm and would love to know if you have all read the series too.


Amazon’s Christmas in July Event: Christmas for me is a time in which could be celebrated all year round. I love the lights, music and whole festive atmosphere. So, to have a beautiful Christmas sneak peek before the big month and be spoilt rotten by the Amazon team was very much needed after a very hard June.


Love Island: Every night I am still glued to my sofa watching the Islanders fall in love and now it is reaching the end I don’t know what I am going to do. Bring it back ASAP or give us a winter version, please!


What made you July favourites list lovelies?!? Let me know in the comments below!

Blog Soon,
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments