May The Fourth Be With You Lovelies! Find Out How I Fell In Love With The Star Wars Franchise

15:28:00




Good Afternoon Lovelies, 

Last year, I went on a trip to Disneyland Paris. It was my first Disney experience and I still talk about it like it happened yesterday all the time. I can’t wait to go back and create even more memories like the one I made in July 2017.

One of those memories was a new-found love of Star Wars. Whilst we were there, we came face to face with Storm Troopers, went into a cinema that took us through the whole franchise and then took on Space Mountain, which was so epic we did it twice in about 20 minutes.


I had never seen Star Wars before and apart from the things everyone knows I wasn’t the most clued up on it. So, when we came off the ride, one of my best friend’s Tessa sat me down and told me everything about it. Preparation I needed, because when I came home it was the first thing I bought.

Going in order of them being released, I went to bed early one night and got sucked into A New Hope. Unsure if I would like it, I was soon shocked at how amazed I was by it and couldn’t wait to see The Empire Strikes Back. More famous than the previous one, the action was stepped up and even my mum, who has also never seen them, sat and watched it with me. Darth Vader becoming the ultimate and most epic villain.

Leaving it a few days until I watched Return of the Jedi, I was a little bit disappointed by this one, but still loved seeing the iconic characters come together again. Especially Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher’s Hans and Leia, who are couple’s goals in these films lovelies.


After finishing the original three, I ordered the prequels, unaware of the backlash against them. And I have to say that I agree with a lot of people about them. Unlike the first three, these films are tough to watch, especially Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, but it does bring a great villain (Phantom Menace). Plus, an epic look at how Darth Vader was made in Revenge of the Sith, which is nowhere near as bad as the other two.

Needing some faith restored after these films, I continued on and got stuck into the modern stories. With a cast including John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver and the original members of the franchise, I bloody loved it! If I had started with this one at the beginning I know I would have fallen in love with everything about Star Wars easily and I would have told everyone to watch it straight away.

Something I did when I saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi! Due to me being on holiday from work, I took a trip early on the film’s day of release and got lost in it. I left telling my mum that I will be marrying Kylo Ren and I wanted a Kylo Ren lightsaber for Christmas. And boy did she deliver!


My Star Wars story is a bit strange and I know it took me a long time to get into it, but I am now obsessed with it. I can’t wait to see the next one, the single stories and love the way that I can now speak to people about it. My nephew doesn’t know what he has in store when he gets older and I can share it with him.

I wanted to share my story lovelies to celebrate May the Fourth, which I hope you are all enjoying! I also wanted to know how you all fell in love with the franchise, so please do let me know in the comments below or on social media lovelies!


Blog Soon, 
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments