I Spoke To Melissa Bolona About Her New Film The Neighbor

14:30:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies, 

A few moments ago I was able to speak to Melissa Bolona, about her very exciting upcoming role in The Neighbor. If you remember a few weeks ago I spoke to the director of the film and now it is time to find out about Bolona’s character Sarah lovelies.



Enjoy...


Firstly can you tell us a bit about your character and what she does in the film?
 I don’t want to give too much away!! But I play a character named “Sarah,” and she is held for ransom!! She may or may not get away, I forget!! (Kidding).

What was it about this film that made you want to be in it?
I absolutely fell in love with the script, it was one of those reads that when I took a dinner break from reading I could not wait to get back to it.  When I found out Marcus Dunstan was to direct, I was certain it was an absolute home run for me to be attached, and as it turns out my instincts were right!! I could not be more proud and entertained by “The Neighbor."

Is there a scene that you are most proud of within the film? Why this one?
There is a scene where my ransom video is being filmed, and I could not be more proud of this scene. I had to achieve a very high level of emotion, tapping into my deepest innermost being and stay there for about 45 minutes while we filmed all the different angles and coverage, and let me tell you it was not an easy task!! As an actress I was incredibly proud. 

How did you find working with the director Marcus Dunstan? Did his knowledge help you build your character?
Marcus is an absolute teddy bear!! He is the most positive human being, and his energy is very contagious.  He was a complete pleasure to work with and I hope we get to collaborate again in the future.  His knowledge and support helped me SO Much in developing and portraying my character. He knows exactly what he wants and how to achieve it.

And what was it like working with the rest of the cast on the film?
Every actor/actress on set was sincerely amazing.  Working on a smaller set can be a blessing or a curse; but on this set everyone genuinely got along so well and we all became a set family!  I was very fortunate to work with such a talented bunch and to be able to bond and feel comfortable around them.

The horror film genre has a huge fan following, what do you think it is about it that makes it so intriguing?
I am one of those people. I can say that as teenagers my sister and I wanted to watch every horror film!! I think that people like to be scared in a controlled environment with adrenaline pumping; obviously no one wants that type of fear in real life, but it’s fun to watch it on the big screen!

What is your favourite horror film? And why?
I remember being SOOOO spooked by the film “House of 1,000 corpses.”  It was so disgustingly clever and its one of those films that I have a love/hate relationship with because it is so scary!! Mission accomplished.

Finally can you tell us what you are working on or what we should look out for from you in the future?
Currently I am filming Category 5, a big budget action film being directed by Rob Cohen. It is such a cool film and I am so proud of what we are achieving on set every day! Movie magic at its best!! I am also about to start filming another horror/thriller film called, “Malicious.” This film has the same producers as “The Neighbor,” so be prepared for another great hit!  

Who is ready to see The Neighbor?

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

 To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @StartWithThis :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments