THE MISSING POSTMAN, THE CHILDREN OF GREEN KNOWE AND MORE REVIEWS...

18:34:00

Hey Lovelies, 

A few weeks ago I was sent some classic BBC dramas on DVD and I wanted to share my thoughts on them lovelies, because some of them I know my mum watched and remembered and was excited to share with me. 


The first one we watched was ‘The Missing Postman’ and here is what I thought…

Starring the brilliant Alison Steadman, the film follows a man as he decides to take his job into his own hands and make the most of his life instead of the working days he has been faced with before. 

With a great British cast, the show manages to make your heart squeeze (you know the feeling!) at many points within it and allows for audiences to see the true joys in the little things. Perfect viewing for a Sunday night before the big return to work the next day. 

There so I am giving it…


4 Stars

The next show we watched was ‘The Children of Green Knowe’

This was one of the shows that my mum remembered watching and although she didn’t tell me if it was good or bad, there was something about this one that didn’t flow very well. With over the top acting and very misleading and off putting dramatic moments, the show becomes an over flow of trying to top every element it shows previously. 

The family doesn’t feel like it wants or needs to be showing what it is on screen, which I know may be because it isn’t real, but there dynamic could have been a lot stronger to help ride this ghoulish tv show out. 

There so I am giving this one…


2 Stars

Finally we watched ‘Stalky & Co’

The longest of the lot, this show is based on the best-selling book and sticks very true to the tale. While the acting can be a bit silly in times, the three male actors take on the big roles with ease as well and make sure to provide their audience with enough information and entertainment throughout. 

Portraying tough subjects and giving audiences something that would fit well with the tough gritty TV that is on air today, this show feels like it was working on something before the others even had a chance. 

And because of this I am giving it…


4 Stars

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments