I TOOK ON THE BEER BAKERY CHALLENGE AND HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED...

22:45:00

Hey Lovelies, 

Over the weekend I was set a challenge and as many of you should know by now I can never say no to a challenge! This weekend’s task was to create a loaf of bread that would be the perfect partner for the Hoegaarden beer lovelies, and I thought it was the perfect time to learn something new in the lead up to Christmas! 

All The Ingredients Ready and Waiting

With many family members coming round to our home to celebrate the festive season, I wanted to give them a showstopper piece to enjoy while we sit around the TV and catch up on all of the festive films and TV shows that are on. 

After a bit of a mishap in which I couldn’t find some ingredients, I found the perfect recipe in The Beer Bakery’s Spiced Orange and Coriander All Butter Brioche piece. I knew that my family’s sweet tooth would be satisfied with this and got to work right away on it. 

Buttery Dough! Just Before It Went In The Fridge

I have to admit that it does take a long time lovelies, so if you are going to make this, then please prepare to have a couple of days set aside to create them.. Plus a lot of room in the fridge! But don’t let this put you off, as it is so worth the wait lovelies. So worth it! 


Coriander and Orange Added! I know What It Looks Like Aha!

Soft and light compared to other breads, my family found this perfect to eat morning and evening, as they suited the brunch vibe in which they gave off and the dessert piece in which they provided. They are also perfect for a festive treat, as they have flavours and smells that remind us of that time of year lovelies. 


After 24 hours in the fridge, the dough was ready to be shaped!

I will admit that those trying the bread didn’t try it with the alcohol, as we aren’t big drinkers in our home, but my mum said that the bread would be a great pudding if soaked in a certain alcohol. I bit like bread and butter pudding lovelies, but instead with a brioche. I think this sounds delightful if I do say so myself aha! 


Six Hours Later, The Dough Had Grown And Been Glazed

As I said lovely they do take a while, but ultimately they are a great different type of bread that would work throughout the year, with both savoury and sweet items and as a morning or evening treat. I can’t wait to make them again nearer to Christmas time and hand a few out to friends as a small treat lovelies. 


All Cooked And Ready To Eat! No They Are Not Burnt Aha!

If you would like to try it lovelies, then have a look on The Beer Bakery’s website to find out more as they have special boxes on sale that feature all of the incredible breads that they make. Just go to Hobbs House Bakery which is the company’s site to purchase one lovelies. They were definitely a favourite with the meal in which my family enjoyed them with...

The Finish Product With My Mum's Dinner! It Went Down A Treat!

What did you lovelies make this weekend/week? Let me know! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments