LITTLE UPDATE FROM THE BOOK VLOG!

00:46:00

Hey Lovelies, 

I thought it would be nice to do a little catch up on what books I have read recently and maybe chat a little bit about books I am looking forward to reading. 

Since the Vlog I have read the following books: 

  • 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green
  • 'The Shock of the Fall' by Nathan Filer
  • '12 Years A Slave' by Solomon Northup
  • 'Sorta Like A Rockstar' by Matthew Quick

And I am currently reading 'Before I Go To Sleep' by SJ Watson, even though someone has just ruined it for me by giving away a massive spoiler! But I did have to laugh about it as the author sent a very threatening message to the person who ruined it featuring his Pug, so have a look on Twitter for that. 

I also love hearing about books that are coming out, especially thrillers, as it takes a lot to make me scared when reading. I actually don't think I ever have :( 

But this may change with these two gothic books! Author Lauren Owen is releasing her debut novel in April called 'The Quick' and from many critics it is meant to be the best gothic debut novel in years which sounds exciting! The book tells the story of a brother and sister relationship in the Victorian era, as they face many twists and turns in their story! As well it has the most amazing cover! It reminds me of the Penguin Cloth Bound books that they have started to create for their classic range, that my friend Issy has loads of! What do you think?



Also coming out is 'The Murder' by Tony Parsons, who I have been hearing a lot about since doing journalism at university, as they are obsessed with the way he writes and tells his stories. Especially his semi-biographical books. All of the talk about him has made me want to read his new novel and when I heard about it, it had one of the coolest and creepy trailers for a book...


I adore reading and will read mostly anything which is why I would love to hear what you have read lately, as you will help me when I am choosing my next ones to buy! Just go on Twitter and let me know :) 

Also has anyone else read 'The Fault In Our Stars'? What did you think of it? I really want to read it again, but I fear I may be turning into a really big fangirl aha! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X 

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments