This is 40 Review

21:25:00


Hello My Lovely's,

On Monday I went to see the kind of sequel to 'Knocked Up’, 'This is 40'. I was very subjective to this as I thought that the film would be boring and not up to the standards of others such as 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' and 'Bridesmaids'. However I could not have been more wrong!

This is 40 is one of the best films I have seen in a long time. I actually believed it to be better entertainment then 'Les Miserables' which I will be reviewing later on.

The film is full of laughs and all of the actors and actresses present brilliant performances throughout. Based on the lives of happily married couple Debbie and Pete, played by Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd, the film focuses on their lives as they reach the age of 40 and their different approaches to it. With laughs after laughs by these two, it is actually the knock out scene with Melissa McCarthy playing a mother whose son is abused by Mann's character after a shocking revelation.

As the parents are called into the school to discuss their fight about their children which unfortunately escalates into a fight between the parents, it is portrayed that all is not right and McCarthy's character is quick with her witty fight back towards the parents and the head teacher.

The film also provides cameos from the likes of Jason Segel, Lena Durnam, Chris O'Dowd and Megan Fox the comedy is better than ever. I was already a fan of Segel, O'Dowd and already had a huge appreciation towards Durnam and her work with the HBO TV series 'Girls' but I was always uncertain about Fox, however in this I loved her character and think she should focus on more comedic roles then the bad girl image she has created in the past.

Overall I would suggest that everyone go see this but I warn you all that your stomach will be in pain from many scenes.

Enjoy!




Until Next Time,

Joey xxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments