Celebrate The Return of The Great British Bake Off With These Bakery Filled Films and TV Shows!

15:30:00




Good Afternoon Lovelies,

The day has finally arrived! The Great British Bake Off is back and oh my have I missed it. Every year I long for it to return and never end, as I immerse myself in the bakes, cakes and dramas that unfold within the tent.

As new contestants prepare to introduce themselves to us and we count down the moments until 8pm tonight, I have gathered something that might help. After a long search, I have whipped up some of the best baking films for you to tuck into...

Nailed It: If you are not the best cook, don’t worry about it because this show celebrates everything about those who are skating on thin icing with their baking skills. From horrific Trump cakes to underwater disasters, you will love Nailed It from the first episode.


Bridesmaids: Not really a baking or food-based film, but there are a lot of fun food moments. A giant cookie, a cake on a doorstep and sugared almonds make for some of the best scenes in this film.


Zumbo’s Just Desserts: The Australian version of Bake Off, this has dishes that will transport you to another world in the first five minutes. Honestly, if you thought Paul and Prue were tough, then you haven’t seen anything yet.


Marie Antoinette: Controversial I know, but this film features footage of cake that only dreams could make. It will make you want to go to France ASAP.


Cake Boss: Monster cakes for big and small names, this Italian bakery in New York will make you feel like you are part of the family straight away. Get stuck into the magic world of Buddy and his family now lovelies.


Beauty and The Beast: Have you tried the grey stuff? It’s delicious! And so is the way in which all of these yummy baked goods are shown to us on screen.


Nigella: At My Table: I feel upon this series last Christmas and now I can’t help but find comfort in it. I like the dynamic of the show and whilst I have wondered about some of the ways Nigella makes her dishes they always come out looking delicious.


Waitress: If there is one film that will make you want to eat a ton of pie, then it is this one. Never have I watched a film and wanted to devour one, as much as this film makes me want to!


Chef’s Table: Go behind the scenes of some of the best kitchens in the world and discover how the world-famous names came to be. A milk and cookie shop in New York. An ice cream maker in Sicily. A monk who makes amazing Thai dishes. You need to tuck in now lovelies.


Sugar Rush: A bit like Nailed It, but for the expert cooks. This will have you steaming through the episodes before you know it. A binge-watch that will leave you wanting to cook before you know it.


Don't miss The Great British Bake Off tonight at 8pm on Channel 4 lovelies! It is going to be the most talked about event of the summer, I can feel it baking aha! Let me know in the comments below if you will be watching and your thoughts on the show after it has been on. 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments