My Generation DVD Review

08:30:00




Good Morning Lovelies,

If you know me well then you know that I love the 60s! In fact, I am jealous of parents for getting the chance to experience and in my dad’s case party with some of the legends! Resulting to documentaries and films from that period to help me with my undying love, I found myself falling under the spell of Michael Caine’s My Generation.

Taking audiences on a trip through the world of the 60s, from the glamourous fashion to the music and films of that era, Caine goes behind the camera to talk to some of the biggest stars from the UK about the decade. With Sir Paul McCartney, David Bailey and Twiggy to name but a few appearing, there is a whole new realm to be accepted.

If it isn’t the soundtrack you end up falling for, it is their honesty. The world couldn’t need something to look back on as much as it needs this. The decade help gives birth to the wild 70s and if it can help bring freedom to the 2010s, I am all for it. There are a few moments however that do go on. Certain clips are not often needed, such as the amount of Zulu ones, but this is only a small matter in an otherwise excellent film.

If you are a culture fan or someone like me who is obsessed with the swinging 60s then this is not one to be missed. When placed in the room with friends, the stars open up more so than ever before and bring a fun documentary to life.

There so, I am giving it...

4 Stars

Blog Soon,
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments