Celebrate Our Film Loving Friend's Ben & Jerry's 40th Birthday With This New Flavour

15:20:00




Get Ready to Celebrate Lovelies, 

Because it is time to put the banners up, wrap the presents and prepare the party, as 2018 marks an important birthday for two of our favourite film buddies! They certainly don’t look it but this year, Ben & Jerry’s is celebrating turning 40!

And they are doing it in style with a brand-new flavour called Birthday Cake, which is made up of vanilla cake batter ice cream with pink frosting & strawberry swirls and cake pieces! A delicious treat for all to eat, whether it is your birthday, buying a tub for someone else’s or as a sweet treat all year round to mark this amazing company’s celebrations.


Over the weekend, I was kindly sent some vouchers to enjoy a tub or two of the party and so I headed to Sainsbury’s to pick myself up a slice. After finding the confetti-covered tub in the freezer aisle, it took me all of two minutes from walking in my front door to break open the tub, grab my Ben & Jerry’s spade/spoon and get stuck in.

With pink swirls and cake pieces sticking out of the top and a lovely sweet smell coming off it, the ice cream made me super happy before it had even been passed around, so I knew I had to let my mum be the first to try it. After a few hard weeks, I wanted to give her something to enjoy and so I called her into the room, after hiding the flavour from her, to get her to try it.


Before I let you know what she thought, I will warn you all that my mum has been known to sit down with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s and not stop eating it until the whole thing is gone. So, handing her the spoon I knew that this could lead to her enjoying her cake before her dinner quite easily aha!

Instantly she smiled at the flavour and grabbed the tub from my hands to find out what it was meant to be. In fact, her actual words were, “this is definitely a sit-down and don’t stop tub,” which means we won’t be seeing any more of that tub amongst the rest of us. Especially when she then took the tub and dug a little bit deeper to find a bigger piece of the cake bites in the ice cream. And never to be seen again it was.


As a family full of Italian’s, we are known for cakes being full of cream, our freezers full of ice cream and summers full of sweet treats. Knowing that Ben & Jerry’s has made a new flavour that incorporates two out of three makes my heart so happy and I can’t wait to mix a cake and this ice cream together over a family dinner in the future.

It was super sweet but also had a hint of being delicate too. Like a true vanilla sponge cake. Even if you aren’t the biggest fan of cake, which I will admit I am one of those people (I know I am weird), you will enjoy this because it is all the best bits rolled into one.


Birthday Cake is a true party in a pot and I would suggest gifting, partying or celebrating with this ice cream no matter if it is your birthday or not lovelies, because it is truly delicious.


Plus, to mark their 40th birthday, Ben & Jerry’s our hosting the ultimate cake filled party at Old Spitalfields Market on the 10th March, with a giant cake inspired ball pit, with giant candles and 45,000 balls to dive into lovelies. They will also be giving out lots of birthday cake flavoured ice cream to keep you fuelled during all the fun, so head on down between 10am and 6pm for a free fun ice cream filled day! Or grab a tub and have your own party at home, because it is Ben & Jerry’s after all! 

To start your own party head to the Ben & Jerry’s website lovelies, as they have everything you need to know on how to get your hands on a slice of the action. 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OMG this ice cream sounds amazing! Think my youngest sister would really like it, she loves strawberries and cake! XD

    - Katie // homeatnumber3.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so yummy! Even in this cold weather you can enjoy it aha! :)

      Delete