Dreams Really Do Come True At Disney On Ice: Passport To Adventure!

14:00:00



Good Afternoon Lovelies, 

Since July all I have dreamed of doing is going back to Disneyland Paris. I loved every second of my time there and it truly was a magical way to spend my 22nd birthday (which is also Bastille Day in France). After lots of family issues, however, I never made it back.

Instead, Disney came to me, in the form of Disney On Ice: Passport to Adventure! After I was kindly gifted the tickets by an amazing bunch of people, I asked my brother if he would take my nephew to see the magic of the characters on ice, something I remember doing when I was little with my mum. Happily, he accepted and so on the 22nd December, we took a little road trip to The O2 Arena to catch some of our favourites in character.

Upon arriving we were shown to the box office to collect our tickets before we hit up the merchandise areas. Of course, I had to buy a programme (anyone else do this whenever one is available?), whilst my nephew got a little Mickey that danced along with us.


We soon decided to escape the busy foyer area and head in to find our seats, which we were all amazed and super happy with, as they were practically rinkside. Knowing how impatient kids and I can get, the show started promptly on time, with a fun warm-up style act featuring two very recognisable characters from Zootopia. Kids were able to stand up and get moving, however, my nephew was so amazed by the characters being in front of him that he sat in shock aha!

Once we were all ready and in the mood, the lights went down, and the show began with the cast putting on an amazing performance of It’s A Small World (still obsessed with it even after all this time), before leading on the famous five. Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy, were dressed to impress in their holiday outfits and the arena lit up when they were around with happy sounds.


Made up of six journeys, the five-some took us to our first destination, which was Africa, where the cast of The Lion King started the adventure. I will admit that I have a weird emotional reaction whenever I hear Circle of Life played, so as soon as the song started I sat up and prepared myself. From the young days of Simba to him falling in love and becoming a full-blown lion, the Disney classic was brought to life beautifully and I don’t think any of us will be getting over the Can You Feel The Love Tonight? Performance anytime soon.


After we had been on safari, Mickey and co returned to take us to the place we all were in. London! And well, Neverland, as the next adventure was Peter Pan. Beginning with the introduction to the Darling family, the skaters playing Peter, Wendy, Tinkerbell, John and Michael, flew above the audience’s head spreading pixie dust, whilst the evil Captain Hook took to his ship on the ice. As we watched the film play out in the live-action version, an inflatable crocodile and the lost boys all appeared to complete the story before a short interval. Nothing like a little travel delay aha!


During the 15-minute break, my nephew Leo showed us all how excited he was by jumping up and down and telling us repeatedly that Mickey was in front of him. However, nothing could prepare him for the second act’s opening adventure set under the sea. I had shown him The Little Mermaid early this year, but I wasn’t sure if he had seen it since.

Yet, once he had been introduced to Sebastian it didn’t matter because he was fully into it. In fact, we were a little worried that the little crab may have become his new obsession before Christmas (luckily it is still PJ Masks). When the skaters went off the ice, after a brilliant dance and sing-along to Under The Sea, where I also learnt I want to be a skating Starfish, he was a little disappointed and wanted him back.


But luckily the charm of Elsa and Anna won him over, as the ice rink transformed into the famous castle right before us. Starting out like the opening of the film, the skaters took us through renditions of Do You Want To Build A Snowman?, Love Is An Open Door and a snowy Let It Go, before we were introduced to the main man himself – Olaf! This is where Leo really got excited, deciding to stand up on my brother to clap, dance and singalong.


After the snow had fallen, the adventure sadly came to an end, but not before all the characters came out one last time to say goodbye to us. Sebastian made the ultimate comeback at this moment aha!


My nephew, me and my brother were all buzzing from the show, which was the perfect two hours to spend a Friday night before Christmas with. I couldn’t really remember seeing the version I saw when I was little, but I know for a fact my nephew will from his reactions. And his beloved Mickey! Thank you so much to the team who sent us to see the show, it was a real festive treat!


If you want to find out about the next Disney on Ice show in the UK or around the world lovelies or book tickets to a showing, go to their website here: https://www.disneyonice.com/gb/en-gb/shows. You will not be disappointed as Disney really do make dreams come true!

Blog Soon, 
Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments