Film4 Summer Screen Prints Exhibition Returns To Somerset House

12:30:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies, 

Somerset House has given me some very incredible memories! From very badly ice skating around a Tiffany decorated Christmas tree to allowing me to see my first ever catwalk, it is a place that isn't to be missed when you go to London.


One event that is hosted every year at the venue is the Film4 Summer Screen, which is where my favourite memories of the house have come from. Sitting with a picnic whilst a DJ welcomes us into the film to laying under the stars on the famous cobbles watching the film. There is honestly nothing like it.



Back again this year to mark the mini film festival is the Summer Screen Prints Exhibition. Only a few minutes away from my new office, I decided to pop along to the exhibit which is free to enter to see what creations the artist had made for this years film selection.

From Hattie Stewart to many others, this years collection is by far my favourite! And I honestly want all of the Cruel Intentions, Donnie Darko and 10 Things I Hate About You prints!


Hosted in two rooms, the exhibit and shop allow you to see the films at the event through the eyes of artists. Stewart takes a pop art approach to her characterisation of Cruel Intentions, whilst others go for more film footage pieces.



Completely free for you to enjoy with no need for tickets to the actual screenings, I would definitely suggest you pop along Lovelies to catch a glimpse of the designs. You will not be disappointed! To find out more about the exhibition click here: https://www.somersethouse.org.uk/whats-on/summer-screen-prints



Just make sure to go between now and the 23rd August, before it leaves with this years event! 

Blog Soon,
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments