Head To The Maynards Bassetts Art Gallery For The Sweetest Of Treats!

15:18:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies, 

Yesterday evening, I was kindly invited by Maynards Bassetts to attend an exciting exhibition in London, celebrating their unique sweets.


From Wine Gums to Jelly Babies, the entire art collection, which was inspired by classic art pieces from Leonardo De Vinci and more, was made from their world famous treats. With added sugary goodness on the side.

Open from the 16th to the 17th June to the public, who had to get tickets to attend (you may still be able to pop in if you go along!), the event at 70 Berwick Street in Soho is the first art exhibition for the company. And it is amazing!


Not only is there a picture of the Mona Lisa made from Liquorice Allsorts, there is a gummy Keep Calm and Chew poster, as well as games galore for you to try. I won't admit how many times I had to have a go at the claw machine to win a bag of sweets, but I came out with two in the end so my luck paid off haha. Okay, I will admit it was around 15 times. Maybe more, but don't judge me.


Heading into the back of the exhibition, which was made by one artist over a series of weeks, guests could have a go at making their own sweet figure. Before heading into the back room, which if it was Cribs I would say was where the magic happens.

As you enter you are greeted by a cardboard cut-out of the newly unveiled drummer character. I had to have a little picture because to me drummers are the coolest in many bands. Once this is done, you are greeted by a floor to ceiling PICK N MIX! All of which is free.


After being threatened by my mum to come home with a lot of treats, or be kicked out the house, I loaded up. I mean really loaded up. So much so I had to grab an extra bag to keep them in.

The event overall is a great little treat to enjoy if you want to take a break from the sun, but still, have that lovely summer feeling. Everyone makes you feel so welcome and the art will definitely inspire you. I can already see more of these creations in people's homes in the future. Mine included!


Thank you so much, Maynards Bassetts and Golin LDN for inviting me! I can't wait to see what sweet treats come next!


Blog Soon,
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments