Looking To Update Your Home? These Are My Home Essentials For Any Film Fan!

16:48:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

When you’re watching a film where do you normally do it? I am definitely at one with going to the cinema, but I actually love watching a film in the comfort of my own home. I turn off all the lights, snuggle up in my bed or on the sofa and grab some food to keep me going.


However, there is another reason I love watching films at home. I love that I know where everything is, as I have placed the most important things I need around me. Including a few lovely items that I have been kindly sent (thank you everyone) to try. And I wanted to share them with you all lovelies.

Arthouse Kotori Sky Blue Cushion, £12.99: This cushion was sent to me by the amazing Arthouse to try out and I have fallen in love with it. I love the bright colours and the silk design of the pillow means that my hair doesn’t go mad if I am being naughty and binging a TV show for too long. Plus it is the perfect thing to grab when you are watching a scary film or need something to cuddle up to when watching a sad or romantic film. www.Arthouse.com


Nuku Walk of Fame Doormat, £24.99: At first I wasn’t really sure how to fit this into this post and also I wanted to be completely honest about the product. Recently I was sent this and I was not expecting it to be as big as it was. It is not like a regular doormat, it is a lot squarer. Very much the shape of the real Walk of Fame stars. However, after placing it in our home I fell in love with it. I love the way people react to it when they come into our home and the easy way it brings a smile to people’s faces. This is the perfect addition to our home, as we all enjoy films and we can’t wait to get the plates that it came with but aren't shown in the image, engraved with our family name or a film quote we can agree with. Once they have finished being engraved I will be sure to share it with you lovelies. It is honestly an instant home must have for any film fan. http://www.nuku.co.uk/walk-of-fame-doormat/


Film Posters, V&A, from £5: Over the years I have been to many film exhibitions, however the one I have loved the most was the Hollywood Costume exhibition that I went to with my mum a few years ago. I can still remember seeing the costumes from The Wizard of Oz, The Seven Year Itch and many more like it was yesterday. This is why I love having the poster up in my room right next to my film cupboard. When I watch the films that had their outfits at the exhibit, I love remembering the feeling I had that first time I got to see them. A film poster is a must-have in any film fans home.


Suki Peacock Capped Canvas, £40: This fancy looking canvas is one that really makes the room pop. It is like the design you would get in an old film theatre and that is why I love it so much. Plus it works so well with the cushion above. The canvas also reminds me of the glitz and glamour you see in many films, such as The Great Gatsby and Breakfast At Tiffany’s. Go back in time not only with what you are watching on screen but in your home to lovelies. www.Arthouse.com



Film Cupboard: In my house, I have a film cupboard. I am addicted to sorting it out and making sure that everything is in the right place, so when I watch a film at home I like having the comfort of knowing what section a film may be in and where to go. Plus I find it to be my little room of escape at times aha!


Cuddle Toys, Disney, from £10: Okay, so this one may seem a little weird, but sometimes I just love cuddling up with my Bing Bong or Thor toy when in bed. I think it is something that has come from my childhood, as it makes me focus on the film or TV show I am watching a lot more, instead of sometimes drifting to my phone. I will never forget you, Bing Bong!


What are the things that you need when watching films or TV shows at home? How do you lovelies prepare for a film night in? Let me know! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments