Happy International Women's Day 2017 Lovelies!

15:50:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies,

Today marks International Women’s Day and I wanted to take this moment to thank the amazing women in my life. Both on and off screen. Over the past year (and years I have been on this earth), there have been so many women who have changed my life and I can’t thank them enough. But I hope this blog post will help me do so!


These amazing women are the reason I get up in the morning, face the day and bring the sass lovelies! So without further ado, thank you to these amazing women...

My Mum: There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t look at my mum and feel proud of her. From looking after my grandad to supporting our family in every situation, she makes me keep on fighting for everything I want. She has always told me I can do anything I want in this world, although she did advise I don’t do anything silly, and now I am working hard to make sure that she can have things in life to enjoy. She gave me power and I can’t thank her enough for it.

My Girls: After a serious case of bullying, losing friends and some very tough times, my girls, Issy, Tessa, Amy and Dee are the most amazing bunch I could ask for. Each is so different, but that is what makes them so special to me. I need their advice, help, friendship and humour on a daily basis and they are always on hand to provide me with it. Squad goals right here lovelies aha!

My Work Wives: Since starting my job in September, I have had the most amazing support from three amazing women at work. Hasnai, Kara and Chidubem always make sure that we support, guide and help each other every day. From playing games at lunch to teaching each other about new technical elements of our job, they have made sure that I have had the best guidance and help throughout the past few months and for that I can’t thank them enough.

My Blogger Beauties: Over the past few years I have met some of the most amazing women through blogging. Sarah, Jo and Gloria have all helped me so much with their kind words of wisdom. If you haven’t seen them at work, then you definitely need to. Never have I met a group of women so determined and ready to change the film world with their short films. Get ready for them lovelies, because they are going to be amazing!

My On-Screen Heroes: Every time I see one of these women on my screen I feel empowered. I feel like I can do anything and these women and the characters they portray are just some of the many reasons why I love the entertainment industry. Without Melissa McCarthy, Emma Stone, Chrissy Teigen, Chrissy Metz, Brie Larson, Jennifer Lawrence, Kristen Stewart, Amy Adams, Kate Winslet, Amy Poehler, Jemima Kirke, Julie Walters, Dame Judi Dench, Dame Helen Mirren and many more amazing women, the world would be a very boring place.

My Gorgeous Readers: My biggest inspiration our the women, you lovelies, who come to the blog, speak to others about it, including me, and share the things I say. I hope to make the blog a place for everyone and you lovelies have all been absolutely amazing along the way. I look up to so many of you and you will all hold a special place in my life until the day I die (sorry to be morbid!). Let’s keep supoorting each other lovelies and celebrating each others amazing work, love and help.

Happy International Women’s Day 2017 Lovelies! Go out there and rock it!

Love,

Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments