A Recap Of Some Of My Favourite Films Of 2016

14:13:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies,

How are we all feeling today? I’m currently battling my winter cold still, but I am not going to let it stop me from enjoying the festive season. I don’t know if I will be blogging much today, but I felt the need to write and so I have come back to give you all my favourite films of 2016!

To be honest lovelies the year was filled with great films, but my excitement levels for film goodness is all about 2017. Bring it on! Before that though, let’s enjoy these great 2016 films again…

Ghostbusters: This was the film I was most excited to see in 2016 and it did not let me down! With an incredible cast, crew and soundtrack, the film was a hit and the first in many more to come I hope (please don’t listen to the idiots who say you shouldn’t, we want more!).


The Nice Guys: Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe provided a crime film with a lot of laughs and very surreal moments. Together they were the perfect on-screen pair and one that I hope joins together again after their adventure in this film.


Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn is now the face of 2016. With her pink and blue hair, Margot Robbie’s character became the cinematic figure of 2016 and rightly so as she and the rest of the cast gave us an entertaining DC film.


Moana: Disney had been preparing us for this amazing adventure and when we got it, I could not stop watching it. Moana is a strong and powerful figure to inspire many generations to come, along with some very entertaining coconuts.


Sing Street: Watching this film will transport you back in time to the 80s-whatever age you are, as the catchy soundtrack and brilliant storyline that looks at following your dreams and the importance of siblings shows us that we can achieve our dreams.


Sausage Party: After seeing this film you will feel like you have taken a lot of drugs and been on a massive trip. You have to watch it to believe it, but the film is one that is hard to explain and the near to the end scene will scar you for life, but it does provide many laughs.


Bridget Jones’s Baby: Back on our screens at last Bridget and the gang provided us with a warm hearted feeling this summer, as they returned to give us a bit of a different story. Renee Zellweger made sure to inspire all of us again with the characters fun loving nature.


Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie: Upon saying hello to Bridget this year, we also said a warm welcome back to Eddie and Patsy, as the two returned to the big screen this time, to share with us an entertaining Mediterranean adventure starring many famous fashion faces.


Eddie The Eagle: Taron Egerton and Hugh Jackman told the classic story of Eddie the Eagle and encouraged us all to never give up on our dreams. Egerton transformed himself for the role and again gave audiences a loveable figure, highlighting his never ending acting talents.


Me Before You: Transforming the book onto the big screen, this film definitely lived up to many people’s expectations as Will and Louisa came to life and gave us all many feels! I am now hoping for a sequel!


What were your favourite films of 2016?

Blog Soon,
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments