You Can Still Have A BBQ This Autumn With Heinz

10:00:00

Good Morning Lovelies,

Okay so the autumn/winter months are settling in lovelies and I feel this may be a little bit of a weird post to write, but I think it could also be fun. Weeks ago I was asked if I would like to try a new BBQ Heinz recipe to celebrate the hottest September we had.


After trying to complete this, starting work and then getting lost in other projects, I have only now (a cold Sunday morning) got round to doing the post, but I hope that this will not stop you all from using the BBQ if it gets hot again or grilling the items to get a similar feel.

Heinz worked with Josh Katz, the head chef at Berber and Q, to make the recipes and out of all of them, I decided to attempt the BBQ Whole Head of Broccoli, Harissa & Charred Spring Onion one. I will admit that while I can cook I am not always the best, so this was done with caution.


Once I had picked up all the ingredients I set straight to work. After chopping the broccoli to be just right, I popped it into the saucepan and allow it to boil, whilst making the sauce that would go with the dish. Once it was cooked and cooled, I placed it onto the grill and waited for it to be just right because I am a little weird and like the taste of burnt food. Although for this I tried to not let it be so burnt aha!

After all of the prepping, cooking and making the sauces, I was ready to put it on the bed of sauce and serve it up. I think the dish would be a great addition to a picnic, BBQ or I think the best way would be for a lunch. You can change the Heinz sauces for lighter ones if you are watching your weight or you could even probably use other Heinz sauces such as Ketchup, Mayonnaise or Sweet Chilli to get a different flavour.


To make the dish yourselves lovelies, just follow the simple recipe below:

Serves two as a vegetable main, or can be shared between four as a side

Ingredients
  • 1 head of broccoli
  • 20ml olive oil
  • ½ tsp black pepper, coarse

For The Charred Spring Onion Aioli
  • 80ml Heinz salad cream
  • 50g Crème Fraiche
  • 2 spring onions, blackened on the grill and finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
  • 15ml olive oil
  • 15ml lemon juice

For Garnish
  • 2 tbsp harissa
  • 1 tbsp toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped

Method
  • Start by blanching the whole head of broccoli in boiling water for three minutes. Remove from the water and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
  • Make the charred spring onion aioli by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl thoroughly.
  • Fire up the barbecue for direct grilling over high heat. Whilst the fire is coming to temperature, roll the broccoli in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the broccoli atop the burning coals until lightly blackened and crisp all over.
  • Remove the broccoli from the grill and serve on a base of the charred spring onion aioli, with some reserved for spooning over the top, along with the harissa and the chopped hazelnuts.
  • Season to taste.

What is your favourite Heinz recipe lovelies?

Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @StartWithThis :)


Just to let you know this post was a Heinz collaboration.

You Might Also Like

0 comments