Our Girl Season Two DVD Review

07:00:00



Good Morning Lovelies,

Last night I sat and watched the final episode of Our Girl and I have to say I wasn’t satisfied. I wanted more from the characters, the story and the whole atmosphere of the show. I don’t know if it was the Captain James/Molly/Smurf love triangle element I missed but this season lacked something for me.

Don’t get me wrong I really loved the acting from Michelle Keegan and I think she brings lot to the story and the character but I didn’t feel the edge of my seat thrill that I found with the first season. I didn’t route for the characters as much and I found that the finale was very anti-climactic. I couldn’t believe that it could just end there.

There were a lot of empty moments in the show. I wasn’t aware that Molly and Captain James had got married, until that moment dropped. The whole romance triangle was lacklustre into a practically non-existence annoyance at times. You kind of didn’t want anyone to be together. It all seemed so unhealthy.

However having said all of this the new season has thrown Keegan into a TV superstar and rightly so. Her nature on screen is always likable, you always know that you will get something fun to watch and her acting allows audiences to get stuck into the plot. But this is let down by the plot gaps. They honestly needed to make moments, such as the big one at the end longer. It felt very much like wham, bam and thank you mam.

I hoped that we would get moments like those at the end of the first season, but we were left with the knowledge that was kind of easy to guess from the start of the show. It would have been great if we could have brought back the gritty feeling the first season allowed us to have.

The show has already been renewed for a third season and I hope we get to see more of Keegan’s character showing her soldier talents. It was a clever show in bringing the message that war is much closer to home now, but it didn’t bring the same message that the other did.

Overall though the show was able to make audiences see that it could take a new character in a new direction and handle current topics. It would have been nice if we could have seen more of Keegan’s character doing her role, as she is a superb actress and her performance in episode 2 is a stand out one.

There so I am giving the show...

3 Stars

Blog Soon,

Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments