My Favourite Things To Beat Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

09:02:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

Finally, the weekend is upon us and I can sit back and relax with my fit up. I don’t know if it is the cold weather or the dark mornings, but I have been really struggling recently to get up and motivated in the mornings. Don’t get me wrong I love winter but I need a little bit of motivation during the wet months. 



Recently I was reading up about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and while I don’t think I have it, I feel like there are a few things during the cold months that I always do to cheer me up or that I use to pick me up. So I thought I would share them with you. 

Watching the Winter Films and Classics: Winter is the perfect time to watch out for what is going to win at the award ceremonies. It is also the perfect time to reconnect with the classic films you don’t get to see until holidays in winter e.g. Christmas and winter. Elf is my ultimate winter pick me up. 



Pampering Sessions: I recently was kindly sent the Foldaway Footspa from HoMedics to try out and while I am not the biggest fan of them, I actually wondered to myself why I never got one before. I am the person with cold hands and feet all the time but if I am really cold then I am grumpy. This machine is heated and allows me to pamper and warm my feet up at the same time. Making for a great cosy and special treat on a Sunday night. 



The Foldaway Footspa is £49.99 and available online at many places lovelies. I have to admit it made me so happy using it the first time whilst watching a film!

Baking: I love to bake during the cold weather. There is nothing better than a hot batch of food that you later see your family and friends enjoying. I am a big sucker for sitting back and enjoying the happy sounds I hear from the kitchen after I have made something. It is like you have conquered the world. 



Reading: A similar thing to baking, the feeling of finishing a good book is the perfect uplifting treat during the SAD months. When you meet characters you love, fall into their worlds and then become enraptured in their story there is nothing better to lift your mood. 



I know that some of these steps won’t help everyone but I would love it if they helped just one person. The dark months can cause so many problems, but don’t forget that Christmas is coming to light it all up for us! 

What do you do in the winter months to make you happy? 

Love, 
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments