Angry Birds The Movie DVD Review

07:00:00



Good Morning Lovelies, 

Can I be honest with you all now? I was never a huge fan of the game Angry Birds, but the cute look of the characters in the animated film did interest me. I wanted to know about them, how they acted and what they were up to in the film. 

However what I got was a bit more shocking. Don’t worry it is nothing rude, out of bounds or something that  would cause kids to worry, but the film is an adaptation to a game that actually didn’t give much point and the film seems a bit like this to. 

Although it doesn’t make you want to turn off. In fact you are more interested, especially if you are a gamer, because I kept wondering if I could turn into a massive Angry Birds fan from the film. I don’t think it worked, but it did make me interested in them.

There are a number of great voices involved with the film and you can’t miss them when they are speaking. Jason Sudeikis, Maya Rudolph and Danny McBride will have audiences recognising who they are straight away and it is great to see them take on a different kind of film. However it would have been nice if it had a stronger audience pull. 

The film also makes sure that audiences know that it all started with a game. The creators make references to the way in which the game has influenced those on screen. With buildings crashing down, pigs actually flying and references to characters blowing up when hit, the game and film mingle well. 

Overall however the film is one that could have been a lot stronger in terms of building a story. It could have made a new generation of gamers and it could have made the characters stand out further. I don’t see the film being made into a franchise and I am thankful in a way for that. It is a kid’s film that will be hit with those who grew up with the game. 

There so I am giving it...

3 Stars

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments