GOODBYE AUGUST! HERE ARE MY MONTHLY FAVOURITES

08:48:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies,

And how are we all this afternoon? I am very excited because we are finally about to get the fall months I have missed so much. Don’t get me wrong I adore summer, but there is something about autumn and winter that really stick out for me lovelies.


August was a month where I realised a lot about myself, reconnected with family and worked hard to get the blog all set for the cold months. Along the way I found new films, TV shows and every day aspects of my life to fall in love with.

Here are a few of my favourite things from August…

Suicide Squad: I am in LOVE with this film. From Margot Robbie’s Hayley Quinn to Jared Leto’s Joker, I think this film is the best DC film we have had in a long time. I can’t wait to see all of them back on screen together very soon. Especially Mr Leto.


Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: After seeing a lot of talk about this show on my Facebook page I decided to give it a watch. And it is safe to say I became obsessed with it. I watched it while travelling, in the bath, in bed and while working out. As I write this in fact I have just finished the series and Rebecca is my new hero.


The Great British Bake Off: I have waited all year for this show to return and now it is back I don’t want it to ever leave. Soggy bottoms, crumbly biscuits and Mary Berry. What more could a person want on a Wednesday night?


Family: At the start of the month my auntie and cousin came down to have a holiday with us. After five years it was incredible to see them again and I can’t wait until we are reunited at New Year’s. From strawberry picking (and lots of eating along the way round) to trips to Brighton, I am so thankful that they came and made me summer.


Olympics: I am the first to admit that when it came to the 2012 London Olympics I wasn’t excited. But then they arrived and I became so obsessed that I booked tickets and went and saw it live. It is an experience I will never forget and seeing the magic of the incredible sporting talent that take part in it made all those memories come back.


The Future: A weird one to end the favourites post on but an important one. August allowed me to have the time to plan for what I want in the future and what is going to happen on the blog in the next couple of months. With two festivals, one film magazine weekend, a blog awards ceremony and lots of reviews the future is very bright and exciting for the blog. And hopefully I will be going around the world more to enjoy them or maybe even to live if Ireland will accept me.


What were your favourite things about August lovelies? Let me know!

Blog Soon,
Joey X


To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @StartWithThis :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments