10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT SUPERGIRL TO CELEBRATE THE FIRST SEASON...18:57:00
Good Evening Lovelies,
On Monday the first season of Supergirl will be released on DVD and to celebrate lovelies I wanted to share this new feature with you all lovelies. Looking at all the things that you may not know about the famous superhero, this feature is definitely a fun Friday read.
I will admit that I did not write this lovelies because I think the writer deserves the credit but please enjoy and get ready for the brand new box set binge watch coming your way lovelies…
Supergirl stars Melissa Benoist (Glee), Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy), Mehcad Brooks (About Last Night) and Jeremy Jordan (Smash), with David Harewood (Homeland) and Calista Flockhart (Brothers and Sisters). Season One guest stars include Dean Cain, Peter Facinelli, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Laura Benanti and Helen Slater. Based on the characters from DC Comics, Supergirl is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Ali Adler and Sarah Schechter.
1) Supergirl is Superman’s cousin: Escaping planet Krypton at the same time as Superman, she was lost in the Phantom Zone and didn’t arrive on Earth until years after he did. Being raised by a foster family her superhuman abilities were kept out of sight, and she spent years hiding the phenomenal powers that she shared with her crusader cousin.
2) The Supergirl outfit has a very famous designer: Designed by Oscar winning designer (Chicago, Memoirs of a Geisha, Alice in Wonderland) Collen Atwood, Supergirl has a costume created with outstanding talent behind it. Designing costumes for fellow superheroes Arrow (2012) and The Flash (2014), Supergirl’s outfit was made by a designer who knew exactly how to make a superhero look like they mean business.
4) Melissa Benoist was destined to be Supergirl: Thousands of actors auditioned for the role of Supergirl, but Melissa Bonoist was the first to and turned out to be the perfect match. Remarkably, she wasn’t the only superhero to be made for their role either, with Stephen Amell (Arrow (2012)) and Grant Gustin (The Flash (2014)) being the first to audition too.
5) She has been around for 60 years: Whilst it might seem like she is a new phenomenon, Supergirl actually made her first appearance in 1959. Now an influential idol, she had a humble creation, starting out as a simple comic book character drawn by classic comic book artists.
7) Her first boyfriend was a horse: Known for her incredible beauty, it’s hard to believe that she was capable of falling in love with a horse. But the 1960’s was a unique era for comic books, and Comet the Super-Horse was the perfect companion to compliment the trivial tales famously told at the time.
8) Power Girl is actually Supergirl: Another great heroic female, Power Girl was the fan-favourite hero of Earth 2. After seeing Supergirl already doing an incredible job of eliminating the evil in Earth 1, she took her powers to an alternative universe, but is essentially a Supergirl replica.
10) She might be more powerful than Superman: The classic boy vs. girl debate is in full swing when it comes to Superman vs. Supergirl. Both being born on planet Krypton, their powers are undeniable. The real winner of the ‘ultimate hero’ title is unknown, but arguments say Superman has the strength, whilst Supergirl has the edge with more time spent on the powerful planet Krypton.