HINTERLAND FANS! I SPOKE TO RICHARD HARRINGTON ABOUT HIS CHARACTER...

16:19:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

In the next of my interviews with the stars of ‘Hinterland’ I spoke to Richard Harrington about his character and what it was that hooked him into the show lovelies. Enjoy…


How did you get involved in the show?
I was asked by Ed Thomas if I fancied playing a dark and diseased detective, irredeemably Welsh, brooding and cloaked beneath a foreboding landscape.    
   
What was it about it that hooked you in?
All of the above. But at least it got me out into the open air!

Can you tell us about your character and what is happening in this season to them?
He's almost having to wake up to himself in many ways. Mystery only lends itself to a character for so long. 

When you are working on your characters development, what do you find the most useful thing to do?
Stick to the blueprint of who it is. Find the man and honour him. Simple.

Would you like to return for another season? If so how would you like your character to be explored more?
I'm in the middle of the 3rd season right now. 

What do you think it is about the show that has made it such a success with audiences? 
The genre is a winner, the aesthetic is authentically haunting and characters are allowed to breathe. 

Finally can you tell us about any future projects you are working on at the moment? 
Finished another Poldark before starting on this. Going from one job to another in my trade is all any actor deserves. But it's rare. So I'll embrace any downtime that I have following a good spell. Just as long as it's not too long...

HINTERLAND Series 2 has been released on DVD & Blu-Ray since Monday lovelies by Nordic Noir & Beyond, so you can buy it now!

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments