ODEON CROWNS STEVE WHALLEY THE ULTIMATE FILM BUFF...

15:03:00

Good Afternoon Lovelies,

And how are all of you today? I am here with some winning news that I think will make you all super happy, because it definitely made me smile! 


A few weeks ago I told you lovelies about the ODEON competition that you could take part in lovelies and win a decade worth of free cinema. This weekend the finalists were tested and quizzed with the ultimate winner being primary school teacher, Steve Whalley, who beat 5,000 film fans and three other finalists. 

Having watched over 1,900 films since he started going to the cinema in 1980, the film fan will now have free cinema tickets until 2026. 

Speaking after being crowned as the UK’s biggest film buff, Steve said “To be named as the most knowledgeable film fan in the UK will certainly give me some extra bragging rights. I visit the cinema at least 4 times a month and reckon I’ve watched around 1,900 films at the cinema in my life including my favourites - the original Star Wars trilogy - at least 30 times! A decade of free cinema thanks to ODEON Limitless is incredible and I can’t wait to get back in front of the big screen.”

While, Andy Edge, Commercial Director at ODEON UK & Ireland commented “The live finale of the ODEON Limitless Moviemind quiz was exhilarating for everyone involved, with all four contestants performing well against the stage lights and John Humphrys’ questioning. We are thrilled to award Steve the title and we’re sure he’ll become a very familiar face at the ODEON Silverlink and Metrocentre cinemas in Newcastle.”

Congratulations Steve! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments