HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY LOVELIES!

10:27:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

Today is International Women’s Day and I wanted to start the morning by thanking all of the amazing women who have inspired me, made me laugh and showed me how to enjoy life for everything that it is. 


Every day I am lucky to meet and see women who inspire me in many ways and today has really got me thinking about them and the amazing things they do to help me find my way in the world. 

Starting with my mum, who I honestly don’t know what I would do without her. She is often the first person I speak to every day and I am in awe of the hard work she does from the moment she gets up at 4am to go to work to her looking after not only my grandad all on her own, but also our family, especially my niece and nephews who she would do anything for. 

Which brings me onto my brother’s wife and my other brothers girlfriend, Annie and Alexa, who have joined our mad family, given us new members and made sure that they are there to help whenever they can, by providing advice and moments that have taught me a lot as I have grown up. 

The other amazing women in my life have to be my closest friends. Since I was a little girl I have been inspired by Dee, my longest and most amazing best friend. We can go months without talking but when we get together it is like we have never been apart. I don’t think there is actually a day that goes by and I don’t think about what I want to do with her in the future and the fun things we have done in the past. 

And the same goes for Issy, Amy and Tessa, who over the past few years have become the bestest friends a girl could ask for. I don’t know what I would do without them at times as they have been there through the serious matters to the obsessing over Ryan Gosling matters and inspired me to be a better woman because of their friendship. 

I also want to take the day to celebrate the teachers who influenced me so much. Miss Wilkinson, my amazing film teacher who made my love for the art grow and grow with each lesson, Miss Traynor who helped me with every case of bullying I ever faced and never gave up on me. My fashion journalism lecturer who sat with me during a lesson this year and helped me see what I wanted in life and get the help I needed to do it. There are so many more but these women come to mind when I think of the biggest helpers I ever had in my education.

Growing up though I was also influenced by the women I would see on the big and small screen or hear about in books that I spent a lot of time obsessing over and I want to thank them to. 

Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Melissa McCarthy have taught me to laugh and joke in some of the hardest situations. Sandra Bullock, Reese Wetherspoon, Jennifer Lawrence and so many more amazing ladies taught me how to be confident and kick ass when I watched them on screen. Katniss Everdeen, Aibileen Clark, Tiffany Maxwell and Patti Smith provided me with hours of reading about women who were strong and independent and facing a tough world but coming out on top due to their hopes about the world, which at times I have really needed. 

There are many more I could include lovelies. From the bloggers and people who read and reach out to me on the blog’s social media and the ones I read and get inspired by, because of their hard work, to the close friends I have also formed through the blog, including Sarah, Jo and Gloria, there are many more. However these women are the ones who I turn to in times of need, inspiration and love, as they each have something so amazing about them that make me love them for it. 

To each and every woman out there, happy International Women’s Day! I hope you all have an incredible day and spend it celebrating with other amazing women around you lovelies! 

Which amazing lady or ladies will you be celebrating with lovelies? 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments