KENNETH BRANAGH AWARDED THE DILYS POWELL AWARD AT THE LCC AWARDS...

11:27:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

I hope that all of you are well! I am so shocked by everything that happened over the weekend and I hope that everyone is okay! It is so heart-breaking lovelies and for so many of us it will take a long time to get over! 

But I have made it my mission to hopefully make you all smile and have fun today, because I love making you all happy lovelies. And therefore I have decided to start with some huge news from The London Critics’ Circle awards, as they have announced that Sir Kenneth Branagh will be awarded with the Dilys Powell Award for Excellence in Film, on the 17th January lovelies!



After graduating from The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, the star has directed, acted, produced and written some of the best TV, film and theatre pieces, including ‘Hamlet’, ‘The Magic Flute’, ‘Othello’, ‘My Week With Marilyn’, ‘Cinderella’ and so many more.

Speaking about his award, Branagh said: "As a young filmmaker, I had the privilege of meeting Dilys Powell. She was passionate, rigorous, humane. Her criticism was illuminating, thoughtful and bracing. This recognition in her name is a great honour to me personally and very meaningful. My sincere thanks to the Critics' Circle.”

The full nominations for the ceremony lovelies will be announced on the 15th December which will include the new Short Film Nominees which feature...
  • Directed by Tweedie
  • Leidi
  • Over 
  • Rate Me
  • Stutterer 

 But until then we should celebrate Branagh’s career! Congratulations! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments