IT'S #FILMFRIDAY! THIS WEEK'S FILM WORKS IS ALL ABOUT A HARD DAY'S NIGHT...

18:02:00

Hey Lovelies, 

After last week’s love festival for ‘Edward Scissorhands’ aha, I wanted to take this chance and use this week’s film works to celebrate the one film that I always seem to turn to when I need a little pick me up and a moment of reflection, as I look at one of my idols on screen. Last week I watched the ‘Nations Favourite Beatles Song’ and was lost in the world of the band. But I was already lost in their world from the film, ‘A Hard Day’s Night’! 



In my room I have a huge poster of John Lennon, which was brought for me by my friend Tessa, who got it for me during a trip to Liverpool. It is one of the greatest things in my room and probably, weirdly to say, one of the things I would grab in a fire. I love him so much and the things in which he said and di have become a huge part of society and the meanings behind them, which is why when I need a pick me up I put on ‘A Hard Day’s Night’! 

Of course I love the whole band, especially Ringo, but for me the legend of Lennon is something that makes me watch it even more. I love his attitude within the film, and the jokes that continue throughout, especially the one scene in which he is in the bath playing with a toy boat. His work is something that so many look up to, but never see this side to him. 



As well there is the added bonus of all the brilliant music within the film, that gets everyone up and singing. If I could share one thing with my nieces and nephews, it would be the brilliance of music and especially that of the Beatles, as they have a piece in which suits every mood and some of their best work is featured within this film, for this film. 

There is so much within it that when I sit down to watch it every time I remember little bits to look forward to and I can feel my heart racing because it is the 60s caught on tape in all of its beauty and glory lovelies. The care free happy hippy movement is witnessed on screen and I adore every single moment of it. 



The four boys have made a cinematic masterpiece that I hope young audiences can sit and appreciate for a long time. I will admit it took me a while to find the film, but once I had I was a follower of it automatically and haven’t looked back since. 

It is the little things in life that remind us of these moments and when I saw the way in which John Lennon acted in the TV show I was watching it reminded me of the little things he does in this film. I love how each person, a real person, is given some role to play, even though they should be themselves, that reflects their true fun nature. It highlights how a band could be the biggest thing in the world, but without the members within it, there would be nothing for us to love about them. 



I have a lot of my family to thank for introducing me to this film and I will continue to thank them for a long time, because if there is anything about this film that will stay with me, is the way in which my love and witnessing of my idol John Lennon is shown on screen. 


What do you think about the film lovelies? Let me know! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments