FDA CENTENARY ANNOUNCE CELEBRATIONS TO MARK 100 YEARS OF FILM ...

14:06:00

Hey Lovelies, 

As many of you now know I am the biggest fan of music within films and I spend a lot of time when I am watching them and after trying to find the perfect songs that fit each moment. So for me when I heard this news I was super happy! I still am in fact aha! 

Because over the past 20 years, British films have been topping the best soundtrack lists, as a recent investigation has found. And to celebrate the FDA, will be celebrating the past 100 years of music in film, with a concert on the 4th June with the London’s Philharmonia Orchestra.

With conductor Nicholas Dodd, providing the music on the night, the soundtracks to films such as ‘Avatar’ and ‘The Dambusters’, as well as many others will be played, to mark these top film soundtracks, that have made the list. 

Some of the film soundtracks that made the list include...

  • Mamma Mia
  • Bridget Jones’s Diary
  • Trainspotting
  • The Full Monty
  • Love Actually
  • Bridget Jones – The Edge of Reason
  • The Commitments
  • Les Miserables
  • Notting Hill
  • Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Speaking about the outcomes, President of the FDA, Lord Puttnam of Queensgate CBE commented: “I am delighted that this concert by the Philharmonia Orchestra celebrates 100 years of UK film distribution – the essential process of releasing films and connecting them with audiences. But I’m all the more thrilled because so many of the movies that enthralled me as a child were musicals whose inspiration played a vital role in my subsequent career as a producer. Close your eyes and think of what ‘Britishness’ means to you and I've little doubt you’ll soon start humming one or two movie themes. This evening’s concert offers a variety of ever-fresh tracks which, long after they were written, still seem to define an essential aspect of our culture.”


This is a dream! Honestly a dream! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments