New Day, New Film! Welcome We Are What We Are...

17:06:00

Hello My Lovely's, 

I hope you guys liked the coverage on the UK Jewish film festival yesterday :) I am still nursing my cold from it aha! So to make myself feel better I am going to be covering a horror film today! What a better way to make yourself feel better, right? (Help Me!)

Those lovely people at eOne have announced a new horror coming out on the 25th of October, called 'We Are What We Are'. The film is a reimagining of the 2010 Mexican film of the same name, directed by Jim Mickle, who manages to make a gruesome family portrayal, as they suffer coming to terms with their macabre traditions.


The Parkers have always been a family that have kept to themselves. However behind closed doors it is a whole other matter. Frank (Bill Sage) rules his family's lives with vicious acts, in hopes of keeping his ancestral traditions alive.

But when a horrible rainstorm hits the small village where the family live and tragedy occurs, his two daughters, Iris (Ambyr Childers) and Rose (Julia Garner) are forced to live a life that no normal family would ever have to.  A normal act for many, but putting food on the table soon becomes the girl’s hardest task!


As the floods continue the police manage to find more and more information out on the family that have always lived away from society, unlocking secrets that they have concealed for so many years!


The film does look like it could be one of the best horror films in years! I don't know if it is just me but I really feel like horror films have lost some of their spark over the last couple of years. They are just so predictable. 

The only ones that have managed to affect me in anyway and that I think have been excellent pieces of horror have been, 'Insidious' and 'Woman In Black'! This makes me want this film to be a success as it seems to have that different edge that many haven't had in ages.

Anyway enough about me check out the trailer for this film below...


Until Next Time...
Joey xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments